We firmly believe in the importance of walking out our faith in practical ways. When we love and help meet the needs of others, we are the hands and feet of Jesus in our community. Learn more about our current projects such as the Back-to-School Bash, Neighborhood Pantry, School Supplies Drive and Trunk or Treat. You can also review some of our past projects as well.
The “Back-to-School Bash” is a FREE community event hosted at the end of August, shortly before the start of the new school year. Features of the event are a backpack giveaway for students K-5, carnival games and prizes, crafts, temporary tattoos, photo booth, yard games, and concession snacks. In 2023, we had 100 visitors and gave away 42 backpacks!
The Neighborhood Pantry is an outreach ministry intended to partner with and support our local community. Contributions are allowed from throughout the neighborhood surrounding New Beginnings Church, and anyone is welcome to use the supplies donated if they need them. The motto of the Neighborhood Pantry is “take what you need, leave what you can”. We believe this ministry is a very practical way to show the love of God to the Owatonna community. See the flyer at the Information Center for usage guide, how to leave a donation, and a list of accepted items.
School Supplies Drive
Between July through August we raise a collection of backpacks filled with supplies for students in need (K-5) in the Owatonna community. This collection leads up to Back-to-School Bash. In 2023, we assembled 56 backpacks filled with school supplies!
Trunk or Treat
Trunk or Treat is an event held for our community every year on Halloween. Cars are lined up in our parking lot, the trunks open and filled with Fall and harvest-themed decor. Lots of candy is given away, as are gospel tracts for kids, and self-serve hot chocolate!
- Hosted a weekly Celebrate Recovery program, aimed at all “hurts, habits and hang-ups”.
- Organized a conference-style event called Women of Beauty: Heart to Heart.
- Donated used Bibles through Mission Cry for distribution to those who need one.
- Participated in the Adopt A Family Program through United Way of Steele County.
- Financially supported the Exchange Club Center for Family Unity.
- Assembled shoeboxes full of toys for kids around the world through Operation Christmas Child program.
- Volunteered as helpers at Washington Elementary School (formerly McKinley Elementary).
- Financially supported the Owatonna Ministerial Association to reach those in our community who are in need.
- Financially supported the international missionary efforts of AFCM International.
- Sponsored a bible school at Nyeri Maximum Prison alongside AFCM International and Disciples of Mercy.
- Held church services for the elderly at Benedictine Living Community and Ecumen CountrySide.
- Collected winter clothes to donate to the Steele County Community Pathways.
- Over 7 years hosted an evangelism booth at the Steele County Free Fair.